We are looking for
If you are a senior social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for the right people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You hold a fully accredited DipSW/Social Work degree (equivalent to Level 6 NQF), are registered with Social Work England and ideally have a Practice Teacher Award
- You have a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience in Children’s Social Care
- Exemplary experience of complex case management including purposeful evidence-based interventions, analytical assessments and the highest quality of written work
- You can demonstrate experience of case presentation within a Court, multi-agency case conference and statutory panel context
- You can demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of legislation and statutory guidance, Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work and a range of social work interventions, methodologies and best practice
- You can apply your specialist knowledge in child care legislation, the Looked After Children system and Child Protection to plan and deliver a range of complex activities providing effective outcomes for children, young people and their families
- High levels of experience and expertise in providing supervision of both casework and support of the emotional well-being of staff members
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing the skills and knowledge of others
- You will have the ability to lead, motivate and support others (workers, colleagues and partners) in dealing with more complex, sensitive and potentially distressing/controversial issues and service users with challenging needs and/or behaviours
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to deal with complex issues in a sensitive and appropriate way and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You embrace partnership working and understand the benefit of working closely with all professionals who contribute to the lives of children, young people and families
- You have sound financial management skills, especially with regards to the management of finite funds and are able to effectively plan resources and then be flexible in making changes as required
- You can set and monitor performance targets to push forward continual improvements in the service, manage often conflicting demands and work effectively under pressure
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
The role includes
As an Assistant Team Manager you will be responsible for a team of qualified social workers and family support workers, undertaking all elements of supervision and management for this team.
You are responsible for the allocation of cases amongst your staff group ensuring equity depending on competence, capacity, risk and the individual circumstances of workers. This includes working with peer colleagues to monitor and manage capacity across the service and moving resources as required.
You will be providing proactive and rigorous case supervision of all cases held in the team, ensuring cases are managed in line with performance and professional standards and provide the highest levels of safeguarding for vulnerable children, young people and their families.
You will support the delivery of a robust and professional student placement programme and ASEY programme for newly qualified staff.
You will be instrumental in ensuring we deliver a working environment and culture that is positive, supportive and motivates and develops all members of the team so they can deliver best practice.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency context and will be expected to build strong relationships with other agencies and services involved with children and families to ensure a child-centred approach.
The role supports the Team Manager and deputise for them as needed.
What we are offering
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
The recruitment Process
- If you have any questions before making an application you can contact the Link Person for this role who is an experienced practitioner and happy to answer any of your questions
- Apply via this website (we don’t ask for you to complete a complex application for, just some basic information, submit you CV and let us know times any times you wouldn’t be available for interview
- Interviews are panel interviews including representatives from the service and HR
- You will be asked to bring relevant documentation such as references, qualifications and DBS records with you to interview
- Successful candidates will be notified with a job offer
CLOSING DATE 31st JANUARY 2021
This is a very exciting time to joining Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
We also encourage you to contact the link person for this vacancy who is a practitioner who will be able to answer any specific questions you may have.