We are looking for
If you are a senior social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- Significant experience of complex social work and complex case management including Child in Need, Child Protection, Public and Private law and adoption
- Experience of workload management across a diverse team, including prioritisation of case work
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing the skills and knowledge of others
- You can demonstrate knowledge in legislation and statutory guidance, Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work and a range of social work interventions, methodologies and best practice
- You are confident with case presentation within a Court, multi-agency case conference and statutory panel context. You are also able to effectively chair meetings and represent Children’s Services in a professional and effective manner.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to deal with complex issues in a sensitive and appropriate way and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You embrace partnership working and understand the benefit of working closely with all professionals who contribute to the lives of children, young people and families
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
The role includes
As a Senior Practitioner you will manage a caseload of the most complex and contentious of cases which could include the assessment, planning, implementation of Child in Need, Child Protection and Looked After Children Plans.
You will have direct line management of a group of family support workers and will be responsible for their professional development, monitoring and formal supervision. As part of this you will contribute to training and be proactive in reviewing systems and developing best practice.
You will be working alongside social worker teams and within a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency context and will be expected to build strong relationships with other agencies and services involved with children and families to ensure a child-centred approach.
What we are offering
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
The recruitment Process
- If you have any questions before making an application you can contact the Link Person for this role who is an experienced practitioner and happy to answer any of your questions
- Apply via this website (we don’t ask for you to complete a complex application for, just some basic information, submit you CV and let us know times any times you wouldn’t be available for interview
- Interviews are panel interviews including representatives from the service and HR
- You will be asked to bring relevant documentation such as references, qualifications and DBS records with you to interview
- Successful candidates will be notified with a job offer
CLOSING DATE 31st JANUARY 2021
This is a very exciting time to joining Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
We also encourage you to contact the link person for this vacancy who is a practitioner who will be able to answer any specific questions you may have.