We are looking for
If you are an experienced manager in a Children’s Services role delivering diverse and complex social care service for vulnerable children, young people and families, we are looking for the right person to head up our Children in Care service in North East Lincolnshire.
We need people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You hold a fully accredited DipSW/Social Work degree (equivalent to Level 6 NQF), are registered with Social Work England
- You have management qualification and/or significant management experience gained effectively delivering a social care service for children, young people and families
- Management skills must include; performance, people management, budgeting and risk management
- You can effectively apply your in-depth specialist knowledge and expertise to plan and deliver a diverse and complex social care service, including the application of the latest research, regulatory frameworks and best practice
- Experience of motivating, leading, supporting and challenging social workers to develop their capabilities and performance
- You can manage budgets and demonstrate a sound understanding of the principals of budget management and have the ability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resources as required
- You can set and monitor performance targets for the service against objectives and budgets and devise effective measures to ensure these targets are met and there is continued improvements in performance and professional practice
- You have excellent communication and inter-personal skills which support collaborative working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders through building robust and open relationships
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
The role includes
As Service Manager, you will have strategic leadership for the Children in Care service contributing to the delivery of a service that improves outcomes for children and young people. The role requires working in partnership with colleagues across Children’s Social Care, wider NELC departments and partners to provide a child-centred approach.
You will be responsible for the implementation of legislation, policies and procedures across the service and ensuring best practice at all times. As Service Manager your role is to take a strategic view of the service; taking in data from research, networks, complaints and inspection feedback and then working with Team Managers to translate into operational improvements.
You are accountable for the overall achievement of local and national performance targets and responsible for performance management and the implementation of any required actions.
As a budget holder, you will manage the budget for the Assessment and Intervention service, ensuring the effective use of resources; resources you will allocate through the interpretation of strategic plans into operational delivery plans.
You will be responsible for the management and monitoring of workload systems and staffing issues and will prepare briefings and reports for the Head of Service and contribute to reports to the wider Leadership Team and other bodies.
Your responsibilities also cover the recruitment, training and development of social workers including the student placement, Step Up to Social Work and ASYE programmes
You will represent the Council on appropriate aspects of your operational area at a regional and local level, deputising for the Head of Service as required.
What we are offering
We have redesigned our Children in Care Services in recent months with our staff and our children increasing our capacity and resulting in New Futures, a newly named service for children leaving care and moving to a more multi-agency offer.
Following staff feedback, we have increased the number of Managers as well as our coaching and mentoring offer through our Practice Improvement Managers.
We also have excellent connections with Education, Housing and Health partners and have commenced our partnership with Barnardo’s to support our Children and Carers with therapeutic support.
This really is a fantastic time to join our Children in Care team, a team that is committed to listening to children with Advocacy and Participation Champions across all services.
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
The recruitment Process
- If you have any questions about making an application you can contact the Link Person for this role who is an experienced practitioner and happy to answer any of your questions
- Apply via this website (we don’t ask for you to complete a complex application for, just some basic information, submit your CV and let us know any times you wouldn’t be available for an interview
- Interviews are panel interviews including representatives from the service and HR
- You will be asked to bring relevant documentation such as references, qualifications, and DBS records with you to interview
- Successful candidates will be notified of a job offer
CLOSING DATE 5th MARCH 2021
This is a very exciting time to be joining the Children in Care service in North East Lincolnshire and shaping our future delivery. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
We also encourage you to contact the link person for this vacancy who is a practitioner who will be able to answer any specific questions you may have.