We are looking for
If you are a newly qualified social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children in our care.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England.
- You have knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to children’s care services and can demonstrate you understand the requirements of the Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work
- You can manage, with support, a caseload using your own discretion and initiative and are able to analyse information and make sound, rational and proportional decisions based on this information
- Your organisational skills allow you to manage your time effectively including prioritising conflicting demands and work effectively under pressure.
- You are highly self-motivated
- You are able to effectively communicate with vulnerable children and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You have good interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively collaborate and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- You are flexible to meet the needs of the service which may include working outside of normal office hours, transferring between teas if required and use agile working methods
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
The role includes
As a Social Worker in your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment you will manage a caseload that is appropriate to your level of qualification and experience which could include the assessment, planning, implementation and review of social work plans. Your work will be supervised and supported as you develop your practice and applying the skills and knowledge you have learnt through your qualification.
You will be working directly with children, young people and their families and carers, taking into account their wishes and feelings and promoting child and family resilience, with the goal of reducing dependence on services.
You will be expected to prepare and keep accurate records and case notes and ensure cases are closed promptly and effectively when appropriate to do so, under the direction of management.
Partnership working is essential and as a service we endorse this model, so you will need to build good relationships with other services and agencies and work with them, where appropriate, in a child-centred approach.
In your AYSE year we offer a robust package of support which includes;
- An induction plan
- A training package that includes both mandatory training and specifically designed training to start you social work career
- One-to-one group supervision
- Bespoke workshops to provide you with the basic skills to start your practice
- Support and advice from the ASYE co-ordinator
- Self-directed learning
- Extensive shadowing of other social workers
- A tour of the local area with resources and guides to help you
- A 10% reduction in caseload, equivalent to that of an experienced social worker
What we are offering
We have redesigned our Children in Care Services in recent months with our staff and our children increasing our capacity and resulting in New Futures, a newly named service for children leaving care and moving to a more multi-agency offer.
We are confident that we can offer a first class, supportive and valuable experience for AYSE social workers in our Children in Care team. Following staff feedback, we have increased the number of Managers as well as our coaching and mentoring offer through our Practice Improvement Managers.
We also have excellent connections with Education, Housing and Health partners and have commenced our partnership with Barnardo’s to support our Children and Carers with therapeutic support.
This really is a fantastic time to join our Children in Care team, a team that is committed to listening to children with Advocacy and Participation Champions across all services.
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
The recruitment Process
- If you have any questions before making an application you can contact the Link Person for this role who is an experienced practitioner and happy to answer any of your questions
- Apply via this website (we don’t ask for you to complete a complex application for, just some basic information, submit your CV and let us know any times you wouldn’t be available for an interview
- Interviews are panel interviews including representatives from the service and HR
- You will be asked to bring relevant documentation such as references, qualifications and DBS records with you to interview
- Successful candidates will be notified of a job offer
CLOSING DATE 5th MARCH 2021
This is a very exciting time to joining Children in Care in North East Lincolnshire. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
We also encourage you to contact the link person for this vacancy who is a practitioner who will be able to answer any specific questions you may have.