We are looking for
If you are a social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking for people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England.
- You have successfully completed the ASYE programme or have equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- You have knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to children’s care services and can demonstrate you understand the requirements of the Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work
- You can manage, with support, a caseload using your own discretion and initiative and are able to analyse information and make sound, rational and proportional decisions based on this information
- Your organisational skills allow you to manage your time effectively including prioritising conflicting demands and work effectively under pressure.
- You are highly self-motivated
- You are able to effectively communicate with vulnerable children and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You have good interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively collaborate and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- You are flexible to meet the needs of the service which may include working outside of normal office hours, transferring between teas if required and use agile working methods
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
The role includes
As a Level 1 Social Worker you will manage a caseload that is appropriate to your level of qualification and experience which could include the assessment, planning, implementation and review of social work plans.
You will be working directly with children, young people and their families and carers, taking into account their wishes and feelings and promoting child and family resilience, with the goal of reducing dependence on services.
You will be supported by a Team Manager in tasks such as preparing submissions and representing Children’s Services to Family Courts, taking actions in relation to the liberty or safety of children and liaising with other agencies in emergency situations.
You will be expected to prepare and keep accurate records and case notes and ensure cases are closed promptly and effectively when appropriate to do so, under the direction of management.
Partnership working is essential and as a service we endorse this model, so you will need to build good relationships with other services and agencies and work with them, where appropriate, in a child-centred approach.
What we are offering
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
The recruitment Process
- If you have any questions before making an application you can contact the Link Person for this role who is an experienced practitioner and happy to answer any of your questions
- Apply via this website (we don’t ask for you to complete a complex application for, just some basic information, submit you CV and let us know times any times you wouldn’t be available for interview
- Interviews are panel interviews including representatives from the service and HR
- You will be asked to bring relevant documentation such as references, qualifications and DBS records with you to interview
- Successful candidates will be notified with a job offer
CLOSING DATE 25th OCTOBER 2020
This is a very exciting time to joining Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
We also encourage you to contact the link person for this vacancy who is a practitioner who will be able to answer any specific questions you may have.