We are looking for
If you are an experienced social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we need people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England
- You have relevant post-qualification experience working within a statutory Children’s Services setting and good knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to children’s care services
- You have experience of complex case management including Child Protection casework and court planning and are able to manage a complex and contentious caseload
- Experience of assessments and formulating and implementing care plans and are effective in engaging with children and their families
- When working with less experience colleagues, you are able to provide support, advice and guidance
- You can demonstrate knowledge in legislation and statutory guidance, Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work and a range of social work interventions, methodologies and best practice
- You are able to make case presentations within a Court, multi-agency case conference and statutory panel context.
- You are able to effectively communicate with vulnerable children and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You embrace partnership working and understand the benefit of working closely with all professionals who contribute to the lives of children, young people and families
- You are flexible to meet the needs of the service which may include working outside of normal office hours, transferring between teas if required and use agile working methods
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
The role includes
As a Level 2 Social Worker you will independently manage a caseload with some complex casework which will include the assessment, planning, implementation and review of social work plans.
You will be working directly with children, young people and their families and carers, taking into account their wishes and feelings and promoting child and family resilience, with the goal of reducing dependence on services.
You will be supervised by an Assistant Team Manager and Team Manager and work closely with then to establish objectives. Partnership working is essential and as a service we endorse this model, so you will need to build good relationships with other services and agencies and work with them, where appropriate, in a child-centred approach.
When working with team members less experience, you will provide advice, guidance and mentoring support with case management and decisions and on their professional development.
What we are offering
Our commitment to you is;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
The recruitment Process
- If you have any questions before making an application you can contact the Link Person for this role who is an experienced practitioner and happy to answer any of your questions
- Apply via this website (we don’t ask for you to complete a complex application for, just some basic information, submit you CV and let us know times any times you wouldn’t be available for interview
- Interviews are panel interviews including representatives from the service and HR
- You will be asked to bring relevant documentation such as references, qualifications and DBS records with you to interview
- Successful candidates will be notified with a job offer
CLOSING DATE 31st JANUARY 2021
This is a very exciting time to joining Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. Please check out the rest of the website for more information about who we are, our vision and what it is like to be part of our team.
We also encourage you to contact the link person for this vacancy who is a practitioner who will be able to answer any specific questions you may have.